I am counting my blessings today on Thanksgiving. Discovering martial arts at an early age is one of the many things that I am very thankful for. I took my first Karate class at the age of ten. My instructor at the time was Ulysses "Pop" Winn. He is a Grandmaster in Nisei Goju-ryu. One of my fondest memories as a kid was watching Sensei Pop play spar with Muhammad Ali when Ali visited our recreation center. I am no longer a karateka, but Ulysses "Pop" Winn will always be my Sensei.
Jeet Kune Do in Chinese Characters Jeet Kune Do was the name Bruce Lee gave to his martial art. The English translation of Jeet Kune Do is "The Way of the Intercepting Fist." Lee developed Jeet Kune Do after years of training, studying, and observation. His magnum opus on his martial art is the " Tao of Jeet Kune Do ." There are two versions of Jeet Kune Do taught today. One is called "Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do" ( Ted Wong lineage ) and the other is called "Jun Fan Gung Fu/Jeet Kune Do Concepts" ( Dan Inosanto lineage ). Of the two versions taught, "Jun Fan Gung Fu/Jeet Kune Do Concepts" is by far the most widely-practiced. However, the family of Bruce Lee endorses the "Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do" version. This blog highlights the main differences between the two versions of Jeet Kune Do ("JKD"). Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do Ted Wong and Teri Tom Jun Fan JKD is based on techniques taught directly by Bru...

Comments
Post a Comment